[Qgis-developer] size of translations, use a distinct repo?

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 05:55:30 PDT 2014

On 29.10.2014 12:15, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Denis,
>
> On Wed, 29. Oct 2014 at 11:08:16 +0100, Denis Rouzaud wrote:
>> Any thoughts?
> I guess this is just due to the "location filename" stuff.  That often causes
> massive change in the ts files, because lines were added or removed from the
> source files - even if there isn't even a changed translation.
Indeed it seems it would improve the situation significantly. Can
someone take care of this?

But more generally, I think the translation could be kept separatly in a
submodule since I guess most people fetching master to compile it on
their own don't need the translation files. That would generally slow
down the growth of the repo.
Anyway, doing this might not be worth it. I don't really know the effort
required.