[Qgis-developer] Resurrecting the RFC (QEP - QGIS Enhancement Proposal)

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 23:53:20 PDT 2014

> Hey all,
>
> I would like to raise something I have been considering for a while now. We
> are becoming a large project, in code and users, and there has been some
> recent issues of developers doing work only for there to be disagreements on
> the implementation. I would like resurrect the use of RFCs, or I think would
> should name them QEP (QGIS Enhancement Proposal because that sounds much
> cooler :)

Hello Nathan,

thank you for the resurrection :)

I would just stick to RFC instead of QEP: I also like the acronym but
everybody (inside and outside our community) knows exactly what RFC
stands for while almost nobody knows about QEP.

Branding can be useful marketing stuff but I'd avoid it in this
context: we are talking about technical documents, and we have already
enough acronyms to keep in mind, don't we?

Anyway, I would like to write down some notes in a an QEP/RFC about
QGIS Mapserver Python Plugins and I would like to know if and how can
I start from a template: I gave a quick look to
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals but it appears to
be empty.

--
Alessandro Pasotti