[Qgis-developer] QEP or RFC?

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Tue Sep 2 06:01:41 PDT 2014

Hi,

I need to start using the new QEP/RFC setup (today actually), specifically
for some sponsored work. I don't want the sponsor to think the QGIS project
is indecisive, so I propose a vote on the naming of the process, since
there is some disagreement.

QEP or RFC?

+0 for QEP (I'm fine with RFC, as well).

I think RFC is a bit dry, though universally understood. QEP should not
confuse the public, since the dev group actually interested in using them
is fairly small. QEP is clearly spelled out in the repo name. QEP shows a
renewed configuration over the older, existing RFC process.

Lastly, QEP pays homage to Python's PEP. I think QGIS would not be as
popular as it is today if it were not for Python integration.

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography
Black Hills, South Dakota