[Qgis-developer] MetaSearch 0.3.0 released

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 03:46:17 PDT 2014

On Wed, 3 Sep 2014, Alexander Bruy wrote:

> Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 09:54:16 +0300
> From: Alexander Bruy <alexander.bruy at gmail.com>
> To: Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com>
> Cc: Tom Kralidis <tomkralidis at gmail.com>,
>     qgis-developer <qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org>
> Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] MetaSearch 0.3.0 released
>
> Hi Tim,

>> Great news Tom!  Do you have any plans to reinstate the metadata editor that
>> used to be part of metasearch's predecessor's? I think it is the next gaping
>> hole in our standards support.

Agreed that metadata publishing is the next frontier :)

See below.

> Am I right that Metatools plugin does not works for you and you need
> something else?
> AFAIK it works fine under QGIS 2.x, so I don't understand why we need
> another editor.

Agreed.

I get tracebacks like below when trying to use metatools:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:/Users/TomK/.qgis2/python/plugins\metatools\metatools.py", line 316, in doView
     standard = MetaInfoStandard.tryDetermineStandard(self.metaProvider)
   File "C:/Users/TomK/.qgis2/python/plugins\metatools\standard.py", line 35, in tryDetermineStandard
     print "TryDetStd ", text, " Text"
IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

> Moreover I'm slowly work on new improved version of this plugin. It is
> not ready yet,
> so I not announced it nor force to include in QGIS core.

I'll be glad to help out Alex when the above is ready and out there.

Having said this, what about the Layer properties dialog's Metadata section? There
is almost enough there for a fulsome enough metadata record.  Adding
a CSW publishing client ('Publish Metadata') would be straightforward.