[Qgis-developer] QuickOSM as default plugin for OSM data

Matteo Ghetta matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 06:33:18 PDT 2014

> For me QuickOSM has basic usability issues that should be addressed
before we consider this. e.g. no OK/Cancel/Help buttonbar. Also no clear
button in quick query.

I don't think that this is should be a problem.

> Also in some ways it is even more hard to use than the built in offering
of QGIS - QuickOSM requires detailed domain knowledge of the OSM schema
which novice users simply won't have.

I didn't agree. With the quick query function you can download data just
typing the location and a tag. Someone that has just a basic knowledge of
osm (just like me) won't have any problem to use it.

Actually I'm not able to download data from the core plugin without having
so much troubles.

I also think that with a few improvement quickosm could be the final answer
to the osm-qgis implementation.

cheers

Matteo