[Qgis-developer] QuickOSM as default plugin for OSM data

Etienne Trimaille etienne.trimaille at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 02:33:41 PDT 2014

Hi,

First, thanks for this proposal.
This is only the first version of the plugin, we are aware that development
is not finished. So if you think that the plugin has some lacks, please
fill a ticket.
Today, there are 22 tickets.

> One thing that the current OSM plugin and GDAL do better is using a
> spatialite database instead of a shapefile like QuickOSM does. This leads
> to truncated key names, which is a regression compared to the others.

QuickOSM uses GeoJSON for each query. As GeoJSON can't be edited in QGIS,
we add a transformation to shapefile.
All these files are in the temp folder.

About the bunch of presets, this is already possible with the current
version :
-write your query and save it
-style the data with a QML file
-modify the ini file to include the QML for each layers
-make a pull request (ini,xml and qml)

Regards,
Etienne