[Qgis-developer] Best IDE for LMDE ?

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Wed Sep 10 11:53:21 PDT 2014

Hi,

I use Qt Creator as well. The context help immediately available to all the
Qt classes saves a lot of time. I use Creator on all the major platforms,
in virtual machines, and it works equally well on all.

Eclipse has the advantage of doing your PyQGIS dev in it too. I prefer
PyCharm, but the new Community (free, open source) version no longer offers
the remote debugging for plugins running inside QGIS. It is only in the
'pro' version. Whereas, this is still available via PyDev plugin on Eclipse.

Regards,

Larry

On Wednesday, September 10, 2014, Matthias Kuhn <matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch>
wrote:

> Hi Alvaro,
>
> After I initially worked with eclipse, I switched to Qt Creator and
> like it very much for it's integration with the Qt data types and
> getting running is as easy as opening the CMakeLists.txt. I can only
> recommend it.
>
> Matthias
>

> On Mit 10 Sep 2014 14:45:40 CEST, A Huarte wrote:
> > Hi devs!, I am changing my SO from Windows to Linux Mint Debian
> > Edition (LMDE).
> >
> > I have experience in Windows using Visual Studio, but I newbie in this
> > Linux platform, which IDE do you believe it is better to develop QGIS
> > (or C ++ in general) ?
> >
> > Qt Creator, Eclipse CDT, dev-c++ ?
> >

> > Thank you very much!
> > Best regards