[Qgis-developer] Rotating point symbols

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Sep 17 05:57:22 PDT 2014

Hi,

In an old QGIS version (can't remember which (probably pre QGIS 2.0)) we
had a tool to rotate point symbols, if a column storing rotation values
was correctly specified. It even had fixed rotation steps (every 15
degrees) when pressing a modifier key (I think the alt-key).

In a current QGIS version I can only edit rotation values manually in a
widget, but not interactively on the map canvas.

There is a rotation tool active in the "Advanced digitizing toolbar",
but this seems to work only for polygon or linestring features and not
for points.

Anyone knows what happened to the interactive point rotation tool? Why
did it disappear? We need this back - interactive rotation is more
intuitive than rotation by manually changing rotation values in a form.

Thanks,
Andreas