[Qgis-developer] Problem with Qgis c++ plugin

tschaun hartmut.tschauner at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 01:10:50 PDT 2014

I have the same problem, and have had it for some time. I previously reported
it for 2.2. My previous post received a response from Jürgen who said he had
never seen this problem. This is not surprising as core developers build the
application and plugins in one go, whereas this problem only crops up when a
C++ plugin is deployed into a QGIS installation other than the one it was
built with.

After many unsuccessful attempts at resolving the issue, I had to resort to
an ugly, home-brewed workaround that only works for points (using the
preNotify signal of QgsApplication to detect a map canvas click).

Kind regards,
Hartmut