[Qgis-developer] Problem with Qgis c++ plugin

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Sep 19 10:27:20 PDT 2014

Hi Hartmut,

On Thu, 18. Sep 2014 at 01:10:50 -0700, tschaun wrote:
> I have the same problem, and have had it for some time. I previously reported
> it for 2.2. My previous post received a response from Jürgen who said he had
> never seen this problem. This is not surprising as core developers build the
> application and plugins in one go, whereas this problem only crops up when a
> C++ plugin is deployed into a QGIS installation other than the one it was
> built with.

Did you build you plugin with the libraries shipped with QGIS (ie. in the
OSGeo4W qgis-dev package for master or qgis-devel for the released version)?
That's what I do.   I don't build external (ie. non-core) plugins and qgis in
one go either.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode