[Qgis-developer] Module dependencies

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Sep 22 22:45:36 PDT 2014

Il 23/09/2014 01:35, Andrew McClure ha scritto:
> Our plugin:
>
> https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/TelemetryLayer/
>
> Depends on Memory Layer saver to save its layers.  (I need to add this to the docs)
>
> I note that some plugin frameworks have a "dependencies" array in their module
> definitions (metadata.txt for QGIS plugins) and wondered if this was something useful
> to consider as a feature.

I think external plugins dependencies are our weak spot for plugins. Anything we can
to to make life easier for both developers and users to detect and install needed
libs is most welcome.
All the best, and thanks for raising the point.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
Corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html