[Qgis-developer] Module dependencies

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Tue Sep 23 03:35:41 PDT 2014

Hi all,
I didn't mention the option to port Mem Layer saver to core for two reasons:
- that doesn't solve the proble of general plugin dependencies
- we already discussed how to port Mem Layer Saver to core on list, and
ended up to the conclusion that we needed to modify qgs format from a xml
text file to a zip container of project properties + datas + resources
(symbols svg for instance)

Porting that plugin to core is allright to me, but we will make qgis the
only soft to write data files along data project file, with high risks of
data loss (because user will forget it or trash it). Do we really want it?

+ to port, only if we clearly understand the impacts. I would prefer a new
qgs format.
Cheers
Régis