[Qgis-developer] Memory Layers - some proposals

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 23:38:34 PDT 2014

On 25/09/2014 4:27 pm, "Mathieu Pellerin" <nirvn.asia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Possibly although that'd clutter that space.

Not really- it could be handled in the same way as the editing icon is at
the moment. That doesn't take up any extra room as it replaces the style
swatch.

> That said, I must say I quite enjoy using the memory layer saver, I'd be
sad to see this function not making it into core.

> Martin raised an important issue re format. What about saving memory
layer data as GeoJSON within the qgis project file? That's a solution that
is compatible with the project file's xml format.

I think the issue is more with compatibility with other programs. That's
why a zip/archive style project file which stores memory layers in an
existing standard format (eg geojson) was suggested.

Nyall