[Qgis-developer] standardisation of the editing map tools: modify behaviour of press-pan-release tools

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Sep 24 23:49:28 PDT 2014

Hi,

I think we should be open-minded towards Denis ideas and not
categorically reject any changes in curent behaviour. Enabling the CAD
mode enables a lot of possibilities compared to the current mode.

I am not a CAD expert either, but I am often impressed about how
efficiently my Autocad colleagues can edit/construct data.

Therefore I would support the option to switch between Graphics/CAD
mode. There could even be a button in the editing toolbar switching
between the two modes, though I would expect that people would like to
stay in one mode most of the time, once they get used to either mode.

>From Denis proposals listed below I would prefer option 3 (Provide both
behaviours and choose which one to use in options). The above suggested
switch mode button or a modifier key could be added as well, though I
see it as convenience and not absolutely necessary at the start.

Andreas