[Qgis-developer] Project on DB

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Tue Apr 14 12:44:48 PDT 2015

Hmm, interesting idea.
By now, I could deal with it with profile QGIS2.ini fine tuning.
User settings also concerns all that is stored in .qgis profile (settings,
GUIncustomization, processing conf and use models).

What you suggest implies that QGIS can authenticate itself and register to a
DB. We would need then to add some LDAP or CAS to QGIS.  I remember Larry
was working on related topics. Any more ideas on that?
  Another point, I guess that we should before conclude on a long running
topic, the one about refactoring qgs file so that it can store additional
resources such as data stored along the project, svg resources, scripts.
 This would hep defining what is a full profile and what is exactly a
project file.

My 2 cents too ;-)