[Qgis-developer] Project on DB

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Apr 14 22:59:56 PDT 2015

Il 14/04/2015 21:44, Régis Haubourg ha scritto:
> Hmm, interesting idea.
> By now, I could deal with it with profile QGIS2.ini fine tuning.
> User settings also concerns all that is stored in .qgis profile (settings,
> GUIncustomization, processing conf and use models).
>
> What you suggest implies that QGIS can authenticate itself and register to a
> DB. We would need then to add some LDAP or CAS to QGIS.

I'm thinking to an option, similar to --configpath, so that qgis starts
authenticating itself against an existing DB, using the authentication
from the system (e.g. Active Directory, etc.).

> I remember Larry was working on related topics.

Right; Larry, what is the current state of art?

>   Another point, I guess that we should before conclude on a long running
> topic, the one about refactoring qgs file so that it can store additional
> resources such as data stored along the project, svg resources, scripts.
>  This would hep defining what is a full profile and what is exactly a
> project file.

This is nice, but it can evolve in parallel: once the double option
(.qgs and db) is in place, any additional info can be added to both.

All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu