[Qgis-developer] 2.8.2?

Ramon Andiñach custard at westnet.com.au
Tue Apr 28 05:33:35 PDT 2015

> On 28 Apr 2015, at 19:23, Jürgen E. Fischer <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Sandro,
>
>> On Tue, 28. Apr 2015 at 11:44:15 +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote:
>> Let's try hard to avoid backports unless very very important ?
>>
>> PS: I'd be in favor of reducing the silence requirement to 1 week,
>>    especially for the first few bugfix releases...
>
> If only our largest gap was large enough to cover a week.
<snip>

> Just ~6.5 days...
>
> So that wouldn't have helped either.  Maybe we should do monthly point release
> with a week of no backports unless there were new bugs introduced.  That would
> still give a week window to test the release nightlies before there is a
> release

If you'll excuse a user sticking an oar in...
I've been wondering if there oughtn't be a fall back release trigger. For example, there must be a point release to at the same time as the next normal release.

Which would at least guarantee a point release happened.

(Probably want something a bit more frequent than that. Or perhaps a bit offset from the normal, so there aren't two things being tested at once.)

Anyway, first LTR experiment, RM's call on how it happens.

-ramon.