[Qgis-developer] Nominations for new PSC member - Treasurer

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Tue Aug 4 14:51:40 PDT 2015

Hi all

Background
We are in the process of creating a legal entity for QGIS.org and we need a treasurer. In our last PSC meeting we agreed to appoint an additional PSC member for this purpose. The criteria for suitable candidates are:

Trusted member of the QGIS.org community
Willing to contribute their time in this position without personal financial reward (it’s an unpaid position)
SWISS Citizen (this is a requirement for establishing a SWISS Verein, which is the basis we will use for creating QGIS.org as a legal entity)
Ability to perform the bookkeeping tasks needed in the position
Procedure for nominations
In order to nominate a person, please do the following:

Contact them first and obtain their agreement to be nominated - this is very important!
Fill out this form: http://goo.gl/forms/OfAiDPtMnA <http://goo.gl/forms/OfAiDPtMnA> (scroll down on that page for the actual form).
Closing date for nominations
The closing date for nominations will be Tuesday 11 August 2015.

Voting
Once the closing date has been reached, we will create a poll here and open the voting for the new treasurer to the general community.

Thanks,

Tim Sutton
QGIS Project Steering Committee Member
tim at qgis.org