[Qgis-developer] How qgis calculate the min/mx of floating point raster

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 05:01:06 PDT 2015

Hi, I pot previously this question to the user ml, ma perhaps is more
for developer ml.

when I add a flot raster to qgis canvas, and see the starting property settings,
I see the qgis has populated the min/max for ever band.
But this vales are not corresponding with the results from
gdalinfo raster.tif

So I guess they are calculated with some algorithm.
Is this algorithm knowed ?

Or alternatively; whatis the right file where the min/max are
calculated , I could try some analyze on code to retrieve the
formulaes.

Thx,