[Qgis-developer] Certificate update QGIS servers

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Aug 6 09:51:19 PDT 2015

On 08/06/2015 03:29 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FYI we updated the certificates for
> hub.qgis.org
> plugins.qgis.org
>
> While I was pretty sure we scored an A on
> https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/index.html
>
> Now hub (on osgeo) scores a C, while plugins (qgis2) still scores an A...
> both apache servers share the same config (but different versions of Apache)

Are you sure it's the same config? It might be just a few extra ciphers
in the SSL config that should be disabled for known security reasons.
The SSL lab test usually tells you exactly why you scored low.

> I think we need to make a plan for migrating to a newer Debian/Trac
> version...

The new OSGeo6 machine is now operational. If you would like to provide
a docker instance, or want a fresh VM we can now accommodate. I'd think
it might also be good to load balance plugins requests that come from
QGIS across multiple servers to increase the reliability of getting and
checking plugins (2 frontends, 1 db, or just mirror some directories
where the plugin files are actually stored and not mirror any super
dynamic part).

Thanks,
Alex