[Qgis-developer] Building plugin for Print Composer

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 02:19:42 PDT 2015

On 7 Aug 2015 6:58 pm, "Vincent Mora" <vincent.mora at oslandia.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to add graphs generated by a plugin to compositions. I'm
considering to develop a PluginComposerItem in the same spirit as
PluginLayers, adding/removing a button in the toolbar when the plugin is
registered/removed.

Just a warning that similar work is already underway - adding a composer
item type registry so that plugins can register their own custom item
types.

It's an extensive work though, because composer has a lot of hard coded
handling of all the existing item types (checkout all the item specific
methods in QgsComposition/QgsComposerView). That's why this work is tied up
with the layouts/reporting framework refactor.

Nyall

> Is that what was needed in your cases, or was a more general approach
required (like the qgis plugin mechanism, being able to access the
interface) ?

> V.
>

> Le 22/06/2015 18:05, G. Allegri a écrit :
>>
>> The suggestion from John is exactly what we did too. And we also built a
chart composer...

>> It would be great to have the means to know what other teams are working
to. It would save a lor of time and money and, probably, get better
software from a shared effort ;)

>> giovanni
>>
>> Il 22/giu/2015 19:31, "John Gitau" <gkahiu at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>>>
>>> Hi Jakob,
>>>
>>> A workaround would be to have a plugin that creates a new composer view
object:

>>> custom_composer = self.iface.createNewComposer("My Composer")
>>>
>>> Then get a reference to the main window in the composer view:
>>>
>>> main_window = custom_composer.composerWindow()
>>>
>>> Then you can either add a new toolbar (and required actions) or append
an action to the main toolbar. Have a look at the ComposerWrapper class for
something similar we implemented for designing charts in the composer:
https://gist.github.com/gkahiu/06a43a589f9441736397

>>> Hope this is helpful.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> John

composition opening but if I remember correctly you can watch the Composer
opening too.