[Qgis-developer] Building plugin for Print Composer

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 10:09:17 PDT 2015

We have talked a lot with Nyall about this. It was a requirement for a work
I was developing some months ago (it's what I was describing some emails
ago in this thead).
I suppose the work Nyall is talking about is the deep refactoring of the
Composer which will converge in the Report engine (QGIS > 3.x), is it right?

giovanni

> On 7 Aug 2015 6:58 pm, "Vincent Mora" <vincent.mora at oslandia.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I need to add graphs generated by a plugin to compositions. I'm
> considering to develop a PluginComposerItem in the same spirit as
> PluginLayers, adding/removing a button in the toolbar when the plugin is
> registered/removed.
>
> Just a warning that similar work is already underway - adding a composer
> item type registry so that plugins can register their own custom item
> types.
>
> It's an extensive work though, because composer has a lot of hard coded
> handling of all the existing item types (checkout all the item specific
> methods in QgsComposition/QgsComposerView). That's why this work is tied up
> with the layouts/reporting framework refactor.
>
> Nyall
>

> > Is that what was needed in your cases, or was a more general approach
> required (like the qgis plugin mechanism, being able to access the
> interface) ?
> >
> > V.
> >

> > Le 22/06/2015 18:05, G. Allegri a écrit :
> >>
> >> The suggestion from John is exactly what we did too. And we also built
> a chart composer...
> >>
> >> It would be great to have the means to know what other teams are
> working to. It would save a lor of time and money and, probably, get better
> software from a shared effort ;)
> >>
> >> giovanni

> view object:

> an action to the main toolbar. Have a look at the ComposerWrapper class for
> something similar we implemented for designing charts in the composer:
> https://gist.github.com/gkahiu/06a43a589f9441736397

> interface.
> composition opening but if I remember correctly you can watch the Composer
> opening too.

> catch the
> for the
> listens for a