[Qgis-developer] QGIS indexing data when editing

Vincent Picavet (ml) vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Thu Aug 13 03:12:55 PDT 2015

Hello,

30s freeze is something which seems rather unpleasant for the user.

Could we imagine to do the indexing in background ?

And maybe indexing only what is currently in the user's extent, if this
is not what is currently done ?

Indexing a whole layer for editing seems a no-go. We should maybe have a
way to get the user to use the indexing tools only when zoomed in ?

Vincent