[Qgis-developer] QGIS indexing data when editing

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 05:17:56 PDT 2015

On 08/13/2015 12:12 PM, Vincent Picavet (ml) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 30s freeze is something which seems rather unpleasant for the user.
I am not experiencing such freeze. With a project with ~100 layers, with
10 having more than 10k features, I have something around 2 to 3 seconds.
I beleive this is reasonable.

> Could we imagine to do the indexing in background ?
Indexing is started when an editing map tools (or I believe any snapping
operation) is enabled.
Since it is required on mouse events, it needs to freeze the app in the
mean time.

> And maybe indexing only what is currently in the user's extent, if this
> is not what is currently done ?
Would be an idea, although I am not sure this is really required. Nobody
complained very much yet about this.
Martin would have to answer for saying if it's feasible or not.