[Qgis-developer] QGIS server security patch has some serious issues

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Dec 1 00:27:53 PST 2015

Hi Alessandro, Hi Stéphane,

I have created the issue: http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13919

I can't assign Stéphane - I don't find him on the list of devs at
hub.qgis.org

But crashes are random and I don't know how to create a backtrace from
QGIS server, esp. if the crash is random.

Performance regression can be reproduced with any larger QGIS server
project with layers from Postgis. Again - this is not so easy to share

Thanks and greetings,

Andreas

On 2015-12-01 08:53, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> The commit https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/422abbde5e5b76924d3b78eba42d61a4f4c18563 with the pull request https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/2056 introduces some serious regressions - both from a stability point of view, but also performance wise.
>>
>> I get random crashes and several of my projects are 2-3 times slower than before this commit. I first wasn't sure what caused the troubles, but with the help of Nyall, we could identify the culprit commit.
>>
>> Thank you for having a look at it/reviewing it again.
>>
>> Andreas
>
> Hello Andreas,
>
> I would recommend you to file a ticket, attaching a minimal project to reproduce the issue and a stack trace of the crash.
>
> If you have any additional clues (like you said, from Nyall) please attach them too.
>
> Please assign the ticket to Stephan Brunner (in CC).
>
> --
>
> Alessandro Pasotti
> w3:   www.itopen.it [1]

Links: