[Qgis-developer] QGIS SVGs won't work in OpenLayers3

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Tue Dec 1 03:32:51 PST 2015

qgis2web supports SVG markers in OL3 output (though not in Leaflet output).
However, when using SVGs from QGIS (eg
C:/OSGEO4~1/apps/qgis/./svg/wind_roses/WindRose_01.svg), the SVG does not
render, and I've not been able to find any console error. Using eg
www.williambuck.com/portals/0/Skins/WilliamBuck2014/images/location-icon.svg
works. I've looked at the src of both SVGs, and tried to alter the QGIS one
(largely simplifying it) to see if I can get it to work, but with no joy. I
don't know much about SVG to figure out what causes one to work and the
other to fail. Does anyone have any ideas? Yes, I'll also ask OL3 users, but
thought it was appropriate to ask here as well.