[Qgis-developer] QField on android 5+

Marco Bernasocchi marco at opengis.ch
Tue Dec 1 07:34:02 PST 2015

Hi all,
I just updated the QField version of QField in the playstore to version
0.4.1 - Dhaulagiri.

The major improvement is that we now support android 5.

As of today 4.0.3 (Ice cream sandwich API 15) is the required minimal
Android version to run QField and Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean API 18) is the
suggested minimal version.

Eventually we want to settle to 4.3 (JB) as minimum to allow us using
certain features and avoiding one known issue, but for now it would mean
cutting of another 25% of the users.

WHAT'S NEW
* Android 5+ support
* Reintroduced WMS support
* Removed ministro dependency. All libs are now bundled
* drastically reduced total download size from 300MB+ to 36MB
* updated libs to QGIS 2.13 (https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/6b3eddd)

Help us by sponsoring the project or just by spreading the word so we
can keeping developing all we planed (digitizing is the next big feature)

https://twitter.com/OPENGISch/status/671687219032231936
http://www.opengis.ch/2015/12/01/qfield-for-android-5/

Have great day
Marco