[Qgis-developer] QTraffic: I would never accept a plugin that I'm author ; )

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 14:43:20 PST 2015

Hi qgis devs

I just published the QTraffic plugin... It's a plugin developed for
the Coimbra university (Portugal) that I finished some months ago.

I had ethical problem publishing it, because it contain a windows
executable (the algorithm developed by the University team) that I'not
able to verify directly.
I worked to convince to publish the code since the beginning of the
project, but because it's a research project they are still in
experimental phase testing and calibrating it. So they don't want to
have a "official" release of the code before to have it deeply tested.
Deep testing depends of accessibility of the plugin, so I published it.
During Gran Canaria hackfest I asked to some core developer if it was
correct to publish it, and all give me the ok.
I'm still not sure of this decision, and at least I want to be
transparent about this.

I'm sincerely confident that the executable code (Fortran code) will
be sooner or later published, what I don't know is when and in what
form and with what license... but I'm confident that it will be a open
license.

please ask more info or do pressure to the official code
maintainer(s): qtraffic_support at uc.pt

Regards

Luigi Pirelli

* Boundless QGIS Support/Development: lpirelli AT boundlessgeo DOT com
* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS:
https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/mastering-qgis