[Qgis-developer] What is Processing Provider Plugin Builder option?

Etienne Trimaille etienne.trimaille at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 00:19:42 PST 2015

You can add your own plugin into the processing framework. It will add a
new entry in the "Advanced interface" of Processing.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any documentation, but you can have a look
to this example :
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/master/python/plugins/processing/algs/exampleprovider
- ProcessingExampleProviderPlugin will add the plugin to Processing
- ExampleAlgorithmProvider will list every algorithms available in the
plugin
- ExampleAlgorithm is an algorithm

Some plugins provides their own algorithms in Processing (QuickOSM ...)