[Qgis-developer] selective features unselection

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Dec 2 02:33:49 PST 2015

On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 11:29:10AM +0100, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Hi Strk,
>
> It is indeed a bit problematic, esp. since other applications
> (Inkscape, LibreOffice) use the Shift key to do the same thing. It
> would be great if QGIS could align with that behavior that people
> already know from other software.
>
> But maybe there is a technical reason to use the Ctrl-Key instead of
> the Shift-Key.

Gimp uses Shift and Ctrl for different things.
IIRC Shift _adds_ while Ctrl _removes_ from selection.
Not sure the Gimp has a _toggle_ too..

Anyway, one issue I see is lack of visual feedback for
what a modifier key does, you can only try to figure out.
In Gimp the visual feedback is a minus sign for _remove_ (-)
and a plus sign for _add_ (+). I'm not sure how a _toggle_
sign would look like.

--strk;