[Qgis-developer] Table Manager and Refactor Fields (was Re: Re: Featured plugins)

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Fri Dec 4 05:42:44 PST 2015

> Why e.g. is the Table Manager not installed and available by default?

Sorry for a little off-topic answer, but -1 for making Table Manager a core
plugin. Please note we have much more advanced tool in the Processing tree:
Refactor Fields (only available in the advanced mode I guess).

Table Manager was developed as a temporary workaround and despite all the
effort we put in its safety I never felt comfortable with the responsibility
for users' data ;) So since we have Refactor Field, I don't have any plans for
further development and I strongly encourage everyone to use the Refactor
Field instead.

Best regards,

Borys