[Qgis-developer] Table Manager and Refactor Fields (was Re: Re: Featured plugins)

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Fri Dec 4 07:13:00 PST 2015

Is there any way to make Refactor Field more prominent to the users?  I
have to admit, I already tried it once and immediately forgot about again.

And the major drawback: There seems to be no way to change the current
layer, but you have to produce a new one (temporary or new).
This is not very comfortable, compared to Table Manager.

Cheers
Bernd

, or Am 04.12.2015, 14:42 Uhr, schrieb Borys Jurgiel
<lists at borysjurgiel.pl>:

>> Why e.g. is the Table Manager not installed and available by default?
>
> Sorry for a little off-topic answer, but -1 for making Table Manager a
> core
> plugin. Please note we have much more advanced tool in the Processing
> tree:
> Refactor Fields (only available in the advanced mode I guess).
>
> Table Manager was developed as a temporary workaround and despite all the
> effort we put in its safety I never felt comfortable with the
> responsibility
> for users' data ;) So since we have Refactor Field, I don't have any
> plans for
> further development and I strongly encourage everyone to use the Refactor
> Field instead.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Borys

Bernd Vogelgesang