[Qgis-developer] Problem in Displaying Myanmar Unicode Font in QGIS

KhunSanAung khunsanaung.gis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 23:24:19 PST 2015

Dear QGIS Developers,

I'm one of the QGIS user and promoter from Myanmar.
In Myanmar, the official language are in Myanmar Unicode, version 3.0 or
later.
But when I try to use the Myanmar Unicode character and fonts in QGIS (all
versions), the Myanmar characters are not displaying in proper order both
in Map display and in attribute table.
For alternative option, I tried to use the non-unicode character and fonts
(ZawGyiOne), it does not appearing well and give the same problem.

I've attached the files and screenshot of problems. Attachments
http://gis.themimu.info/QGIS/attribute-table-myanmar-non-unicode-ZawGyiOne.png

http://gis.themimu.info/QGIS/attribute-table-myanmar-unicode.png
http://gis.themimu.info/QGIS/Myanmar non-Unicode ZawGyiOne Labelling in
QGIS-2.10.1.png
http://gis.themimu.info/QGIS/Myanmar Unicode Labelling in QGIS-2.10.1.png
http://gis.themimu.info/QGIS/myanmar-psql.dat
http://gis.themimu.info/QGIS/myanmar.cpg
http://gis.themimu.info/QGIS/myanmar.dbf
http://gis.themimu.info/QGIS/myanmar.geojson
http://gis.themimu.info/QGIS/myanmar.prj
http://gis.themimu.info/QGIS/myanmar.qpj
http://gis.themimu.info/QGIS/myanmar.shp
http://gis.themimu.info/QGIS/myanmar.shx
http://gis.themimu.info/QGIS/myanmar_psql.backup
http://gis.themimu.info/QGIS/Unicode-ZawGyiOne-Converter-link.txt

I'm using the postGIS tables which can have more than 255 character in
attribute table.
For your convenient, I've attached the GIS file that I used in ESRI
shapefile, geojason and psql format.

Please download from the
http://gis.themimu.info/QGIS/Myanmar-Unicode-in-QGIS.zip  [2.8 MB] if the
attachment failed to send.

The Myanmar text that is use for entering into attribute is from the
following link.
http://www.rabbit-converter.org/Rabbit/

Can you please fix this problem in order support entering and displaying
Myanmar Character in QGIS.

I'm using Window7, Window 8.1 64 bit OS with QGIS version 2.10.

Thank you very much in advance for supporting QGIS users in Myanmar.

--
Have a nice day!
--

*Mr. Khun San Aung*