[Qgis-developer] Processing & SAGA 2.2.2

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 22:46:02 PST 2015

I think that changes in Processing to support newer SAGA versions have
not been backported to the 2.8.x series, which explains that.

However, with SAGA being the less predictable software ever having
tons of API breaks in each version...I dont think our LTR should move
the supported SAGA version. If 1.8 had support for SAGA 2.1, it should
stick to that for all 2.8.x, and actually the installers and bundles
should not advance the version and ship that same version of SAGA
always. And if not using a bundled version, the user should install
the supported version of SAGA, not a more recent one, since that will
probably compromise the stability.

My 2 cents