[Qgis-developer] hub.qgis under heavy load?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 04:38:10 PST 2015

Hi

It seems to me that recently our Redmine instance on hub.qgis.org has often
issues - the page load time can be quite long or the response is just:

> This website is under heavy load
>
> We're sorry, too many people are accessing this website at the same time.
We're working on this problem. Please try again later.

It is displeasing to see such response after sending a longer reply to an
issue.

Does anyone know how to fix that? Is the server really under too much load
or is it just a matter of improving to configuration?

I am starting to be more and more keen on switching to a more stable issue
tracking system - e.g. the one on GitHub where we already keep the main
repository. Compared to Redmine I think there would be just few issues with
it:
- different logins
- support for attachments
- migration
With logins I don't think there is an issue (github is nowadays widely
used). With attachments Redmine supports only small attachments anyway, so
we could just recommend an external service for extra data. Finally, the
migration could bring some headache - numbering of issues would get wrong...

Regards
Martin