[Qgis-developer] hub.qgis under heavy load?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Feb 12 05:03:41 PST 2015

Hi Martin,

On Thu, 12. Feb 2015 at 19:38:10 +0700, Martin Dobias wrote:
> Does anyone know how to fix that? Is the server really under too much load
> or is it just a matter of improving to configuration?

I don't really know.  I suspect that it's more the host than our VM - but I've
never used redmine anywhere else so I can't tell if it might be a redmine issue
after all (or maybe mysql - no idea if postgres would perform better - I'd
prefer postgres).

The host had a raid failure and might be still rebuilding - although I don't
really know why that has such a strong effect (maybe because it's running RAID6
- instead of something simple like RAID1 or 10), but even when it's running
normal we often have those issues.  Those might come from bots visiting the
site - but I wonder if that shouldn't be a load that the setup should be
prepared to cope with.

Another thing nice to know would be if those issues would go away if we move
redmine to our server (but we might not be able to see the issues in a test
setup without doing a full switch).

But I haven't worked with github tracking either.  My guess is that redmine is
more sophisticated.  Keeping it in our hand is/could looks like a plus to me -
and also would avoid migration.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode