[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Transformation using NTv2 grids

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Tue Feb 17 06:26:15 PST 2015

Hi there,
reactivating this thread and also pushing it to the dev list to maybe
receive a statement:

Is it somehow planned to include the BETA2007.gsb and the resulting
changes into QGIS for 2.8 by default?

I received already some questions, cause now even german bureaucracy is
waking up and tell users to switch to ETRS and transform the data from
Gauss-Krueger.
But for the majority of QGIS users, this will be rocket science if they
even learn THAT they have to create custom CRS, change srs.db entries and
do other wizardry.

So far, googling "QGIS" and "BETA2007" yields no results on any moves into
this direction.
But without, QGIS users in Germany will likely produce tons of trash data
in the near future or already do so without knowing (me included till
today).

Also see https://hub.qgis.org/issues/11347

... or is is not that critical as I believe it is?

Cheers
Bernd

Am 05.02.2014, 16:13 Uhr, schrieb Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch>:

> Hi
>
>> Would it be possible to define a "Custom CRS" for the source CRS
>> containing the
>> nadgrids-stuff for doing ntv2 transformation in QGIS 2.0.1?
>

> Yes, it is possible to work with custom CRS (although it is not so
> convenient).
>
>> Is this already in 2.1?
>> If yes, where could one find it?
>

> There is a dialog showing the available datum transformations. This
> dialog shows up as soon as a layer needs a datum transformation (e.g. if
> on-the-fly reprojection is toggled or when doing save as'). However, the
> ntv2 transformation info has to be inserted into srs.db / table
> datum_transform first.
>
> Regards,
> Marco
>
> On 05.02.2014 15:42, Robert Nuske wrote:
>> Hi Marco,
>>
>>> QGIS 2.2 will have support for NTv2 datum transformations as a core
>>> function.
>> Is this already in 2.1?
>> If yes, where could one find it?
>>

>> Would it be possible to define a "Custom CRS" for the source CRS
>> containing the
>> nadgrids-stuff for doing ntv2 transformation in QGIS 2.0.1?
>>
>> For example GK3:
>> "+proj=tmerc +lat_0=0 +lon_0=9 +k=1.000000 +x_0=3500000 +y_0=0
>> +ellps=bessel
>> +units=m +nadgrids=BETA2007.gsb +wktext"
>>

>> cheers,
>>    robert

Bernd Vogelgesang
Siedlerstraße 2