[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Better tags for plugins

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Feb 20 05:12:25 PST 2015

Hi Lynton,

Il 19/02/2015 19:21, Lynton Cox ha scritto:
> Please don't forget the newbies need to know exactly what plugins
> might be used for - some have hardly any description. Once out of the
> basic QGIS manual finding one's way around isnt that easy. Many
> amateurs in areas such as local studies realise how useful GIS but
> see that jargon and acronyms can fog the path.

Yes, the About is often neglected. I invite plugin authors to add a
reasonable description, but I cannot enforce this.
A very good idea would be for the user to write a short note and add it
to a feature request, through the plugin bugtracker; even better, this
could be added as a Pull Request on the plugin repository.
All the best, and thanks.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
*New course* "QGIS for naturalists":