[Qgis-developer] Finalising the changelog for 2.8

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Feb 25 04:14:52 PST 2015

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 04:47:39PM +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 10:19:09AM +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
> >
> > > http://changelog.qgis.org/qgis/version/2.8/
> >
> > The  "Map rotation in canvas" item mentions you need to explicitly
> > enable it, but I think Jurgen made it enabled by default, is that
> > not the case anymore ?
>
> ​OK rereading it, the current text is fine - it makes it clear that the
> feature will not be enabled if you do not check the feature in settings and
> does not relate to whether it is enabled by default or not.

If I'm coming from 2.6 and take _no_ action (don't go to settings at all),
do I get map rotation enabled or not ? I think I do.

If I do (enabled by default) then also the NEWS file should be updated
as it currently says:

  - Rotation of map canvas (disabled by default, activate in settings) is now supported.

--strk;