[Qgis-developer] login to postgres/postgis from QGIS

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Thu Feb 26 23:08:13 PST 2015

Hi,

I cannot login to a postgis database with QGIS as a normal user 'testuser'.
But I can login with psql and using pgadmin3.

CREATE ROLE testuser LOGIN
  NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE NOREPLICATION;

I get following error in QGIS:

CET ERROR:  function postgis_version() does not exist at character 8
CET HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might
need to add explicit type casts.
CET STATEMENT:  SELECT postgis_version()

If I create another user as SUPERUSER I can login without problems. What
could be the reason for this?

Thanks a lot
Otto