[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-psc] Clarification of outcome of PSC meeting 16/1
madmanwoo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 02:47:01 PST 2015
If we are planning on doing a 3.0 I think it really needs to come with
Python 3 and Qt5 on all platforms (We can't have Python 2.7 and Python 3,
that is just going to lead to more pain I think). This is going to break
all the plugins again, are we sure we can do that at this time? If so we
need to be really prepared for it.
On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 8:42 PM, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde
> <rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:
> > - no descision on 3.0 version taken yet
> > - I think(!) that slight api changes for composer-code is allowed as
> > somebody mentioned that that api is not so much used by plugins...
> As mentioned yesterday, I would rather not see "soft api breaks"
> between minor releases because I think it's confusing and messy when
> there could be clear rules that no api breaks are allowed between
> minor releases. It's a question of how safe devs and users feel to
> invest into developing tools for QGIS.
> > if you ask me personally I would not make 2.10 a 3.0 version as to me it
> > looks better to have another 2.x version after a LTR as backporting
> > fixes will be much harder when we start breaking api immediately after
> > a LTR.
> I agree and think that 2.12 could become 3.0 since there seems to be
> some level of agreement that the February release should be the LTR
> and conservative users might prefer a 3.2 LTR.
> I assume this should be discussed and decided on 26th.
> Best wishes,
> Qgis-psc mailing list
> Qgis-psc at lists.osgeo.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Qgis-developer