[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-psc] Clarification of outcome of PSC meeting 16/1

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Jan 17 10:51:48 PST 2015

Right, python 3 has been around long enough the much of the python world
has finally caught up. For those that can't get python 3 they'll just
need to use the last QGIS 2.x release a little longer (there are still
people running 1.8). Please file a ticket now with OSGeo4w to start
preparing to include it, since there will be a time when both python 2
and 3 will be installed side-by-side.

I'll suggest a Google Summer of Code proposal/call for student interns
in OSGeo ICA labs for a project on porting plugins to python 3, and/or
providing tools to plugin authors to help them port.

Thanks,
Alex