[Qgis-developer] QEP and PR for new Authentication Configuration System

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Mon Jan 19 11:07:56 PST 2015

Hi,

I have drafted a QEP [0] for the introduction of a new authentication
configuration system that is protected with a master password, and its
associated pull request [1], which includes a fully functional
implementation with bindings, unit tests and test server (Tomcat/GeoServer).

Direct link to QEP preview: [2].

Please test if you have the available time. Note the new dependency on QCA
(and its OpenSSL plugin), which will need built and installed first.
Contact me if you need help with that, as I have built QCA 2.1.0 on all
major platforms.

Note: I am looking for another core developer willing to review the code in
exchange for *payment*. Please contact me directly if you are interested.

[0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/pull/17
[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/1838
[2]
https://github.com/dakcarto/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/blob/auth-system/qep-authentication-system.rst