[Qgis-developer] Plugin repo: status

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Jan 20 05:25:00 PST 2015

Hi,

I don't think it is possible for us to set up the structures to prevent
this from happening.
Once we gain knowledge of such a situation, I think that we are obliged
to remove these from the repository as we cannot promote TOS conflicts
as a project.

There would of course still be an option to have
 * somebody set up a private repository providing the problematic plugins
 * deliver the plugins without problematic services (e.g. google)
configured and give information to the user about how he can add these
manually.

These two options would take the QGIS project out of the line and hand
the responsibility to the user.

We could still introduce a "legal note" like proposed by Werner and add
a "if you spot a legal problem with this plugin please send a note to
the plugin author and the repository manager.".

Matthias