[Qgis-developer] Processing disappeared from QGIS master?

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 04:59:08 PST 2015

Hi,

I don't know what is your opinion, but perhaps the best solution would be
to make a fork of SAGA within QGIS, so could standardize the version for
all platforms and for all users. Otherwise it is impossible to create
multiplatform Processing Models... Since QGIS has this quick releases
cycle, it was a question of updating SAGA to the latest version, in each
new QGIS version.

In my case (Ubuntu 12.04), SAGA tools does not appear, because I have SAGA
2.1.1 installed from ubuntugis-unstable, which is no longer supported in
QGIS Master:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/b0291985ac16a1f2809979257ffc12d84004e897

 supportedVersions = {"2.1.2": ("2.1.2", SagaAlgorithm212),
                                 "2.1.3": ("2.1.3", SagaAlgorithm213),
                                 "2.1.4": ("2.1.3", SagaAlgorithm214)}

This way will emerge a problem, since in ubuntugis-unstable, SAGA has only
been updated for versions of Ubuntu 14.XX (the rest have 2.1.1 or earlier).
When QGIS 2.8 will be released, it will arise many complaints because the
SAGA disappears. I'm pretty sure that most users of ubuntu-like-systems use
ubuntugis-unstable to install these packages and dependencies.

What do you think?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Pedro Venâncio