[Qgis-developer] Couldn't load PyQGIS error after compile

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Wed Jan 21 08:13:17 PST 2015

Hi,
I've gone through the recommended process
(http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/qgis/QGIS/master/doc/INSTALL.html)

I had a problem with Grass, but set "with grass" in ccmake to "No" and that solved that (for now).

After firing up QGIS, I get the dreaded "Couldn't load PyQGIS" error.
My Python is installed from the default ubuntu 14.10 repository, and is presumably the wrong version for QGIS 2.7.0 Master.

Is this a python version issue, and which version (from where) do I need?
I did my anonymous git check out a week ago - could this also be part of the issue?

Thanks in advance,
Zoltan.

    QGIS version                 2.7.0-Master       QGIS code
    revision        exported
    Compiled against Qt          4.8.6              Running against
    Qt        4.8.6
    Compiled against GDAL/OGR    1.11.1             Running against
    GDAL/OGR  1.11.1
    Compiled against GEOS        3.4.2-CAPI-1.8.2   Running against
    GEOS      3.4.2-CAPI-1.8.2 r3921
    PostgreSQL Client Version    9.4rc1 SpatiaLite Version        4.1.1
    QWT Version                  5.2.3              PROJ.4 Version
             480
    QScintilla2 Version          2.8.3

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za