[Qgis-developer] Exact print composing

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Tue Jan 27 06:10:10 PST 2015

Hi,
Is there a way to set exact print composer sizes and map positions?

I have set a composer canvas size of 460mm by 275mm, and an area of
interest (made up of one cropped raster and 12 cropped vector maps) that
is exactly that size, at 1:500 scale.
Adding this to print composer canvas using a mouse is not exactly
accurate. I've searched plugins, but noticed nothing useful.

Does print composer by any chance create a text file that I can hack to
achieve this?

Regards,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za