[Qgis-developer] Is the new release schedule a success?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 05:31:42 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 8:17 PM, Tom Chadwin <tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk> wrote:
>> That is exactly why we have introduced long-term releases (LTR) for
> QGIS - for organizations that just need a stable QGIS for their work
>
> But the only .0 LTR so far (2.8) was not stable.

But as of now we are now with 2.8.2, which seems already pretty
stable. If you use 2.8.x LTR, nobody will force you to switch
immediately to LTR 2.14.0 once it is released. You can wait for
several more months since release of 2.14.0 and switch to 2.14.x only
after it has received further fixes.

Regards
Martin