[Qgis-developer] snapping and ... snapping options?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 05:59:42 PDT 2015

Hi Richard

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 8:43 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde
<rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:

> Am I right that most of the 'Snapping' parts in the Options/Digitizing
> dialog are obsolete now (like default snap mode en the tolerance).
> There is also not a connection between these: setting default snapping
> tolerance in that one does not modify the one in the 'Snapping and
> Digitizing Options' dialog and vice versa?

The values you set in Options dialog are your global preferences. So
if you start a new project, these are the values your projects will
get by default.

For snapping itself, it is important what is in your Snapping Options
dialog (or dock).

> Is this some left-overs from an earlier snapping module?
> Or do I miss something here?

So they are not really leftovers. Maybe it would be good to add some
description text to the Options dialog to explain what the values are
good for.

Also, I think it would be good to move snapping options as another tab
to Project Properties dialog - to keep it together with other project
settings.

Cheers
Martin