[Qgis-developer] snapping and ... snapping options?

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 05:59:49 PDT 2015

Hi,

> Hi Devs,
>
> wanted to show off QGIS digitizing here to somebody, and got lost in the
> different 'snapping options' options we have:
>
> http://imgur.com/wgouUTB
>
> Am I right that most of the 'Snapping' parts in the Options/Digitizing
> dialog are obsolete now (like default snap mode en the tolerance).
> There is also not a connection between these: setting default snapping
> tolerance in that one does not modify the one in the 'Snapping and
> Digitizing Options' dialog and vice versa?
>
> what I experienced is that the values set in Options/Digitizing are used
as default values for each new layer you add to your project (in Advanced
mode), not to the already added layers indeed (but IMO, it's better in this
way). Next time you open a new project not an existing one), these values
will be used also for the two other snapping modes (current layer , all
layers).